Friday, September 10, 2010

Batik Bunting

My daughter and I made a batik bunting to hang up for Eid this year...


You can find more info on glue batik here.

Here's what we did:

First I cut out triangular shapes from white cotton using my pinking sheers, so the edges wouldn't fray. Then we drew on designs with gel glue and allowed it to dry overnight.


The next day we painted on our rainbow of colours with watered down acrylic paint, then let them dry. Unfortunately I didn't have any newspaper to dry them on, but we'll be able to reuse our white paper to make wrapping paper now that it's all colourful from the bunting triangles. :).


Once the paint was dry we put our triangle pieces into warm water to let the glue soften so we could rub it off. My daughter really enjoyed this sensory experience! :)


Then I attached all the triangles together by sewing them onto bias tape.


Here are all the flags my daughter and I made:


I love how well the colours compliment my Eid Mubarak banner I made last year too.

4 comments:

  1. Masha Allaah very nice! Both of you have had great fun this Ramadan and Eid, May Allaah grant you all happiness! Aameen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalaamu Alaikum

    I love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa alaikum salam warahmatullah,

    JazakAllahu Khairun everyone for all your comments and duas :)

    ReplyDelete